Monday, October 31, 2011

Canal Saint Martin

Yesterday I scouted out the Canal Saint Martin, where I'd never been before but heard much about. It's a small canal in the 10th that flows into the Seine, initially established by Napoleon to provide potable drinking water to the Parisians. It's a charming slice of heaven, even in the fall with overcast skies, as it was yesterday. You feel less like you're in a metropolis and more in a small provincial town. Also included in this post are some pretty buildings I saw along the way and some intriguing street art. I've heard that the Canal area gets very busy in spring and summer, and I can see why. It's an ideal spot for an al fresco lunch or a few glasses of wine with a loved one. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Canal St. Martin looks wonderful -- a place to remember for the next time we are able to get to Paris.

    ReplyDelete